Termites are something that should be on the mind of all the home owners as wood destroying pests that can cause serious trouble. Termites are known for causing destruction and so it is important to about them before in order to protect your house from them. Termites are found near the doors and windows and are attracted by light. Treebarktermiteandpestcontrol.com is one such site that can be contacted at the time of a termite attack; they have experience of driving out termites which is why they are the trusted ones. Well before calling somebody for removing termites it is important to look for signs of termite damage.
Signs of termite attack
There are certain signs that can easily tell whether your house has been attacked by termites or not and knowing these signs is important for timely treatment.
- The clicking sounds and head banging- One important sign of termites is the clicking sound that comes from the walls. There are different termites and every termite has a different sound; the soldier termites are known for banging their head towards the walls, while the worker termites making noisy eating sounds and they love easting the woodwork in homes.
- Flying termites- They are the very first sign of termites at homes, if you see flying termites called alates then there is a chance of termite infestation. Discarded wings of these flying termites that they lose quickly are another sign of termite infestation.
- White ants- A lot of people confuse white ants with termites, which is incorrect; they look similar but are quite apart. So if you see white ants then do not take it as a sign of termite infestation as it is nothing like that.
- Hollow sound from the timber- Termites usually affecting the wood from the inside; so if you tap on that particular portion then you will find a hollow sound which is the sign of termite damage.
- Hard to open doors and windows- Stiff windows also mean termite damage; termite produce moisture while they are eating the wood which leads to the jamming of doors and windows.
- Tunnels- If you see tunnels in the piece of timber, which is quite hard to see but if you are able to see them, then it is a sign of termite damage that is there in your house. There are quite a lot of technologies for detecting these tunnels that can be used, if it becomes difficult to find the signs.
- Termite droppings- Another important sign of termite attack is frass, which is known as termite droppings. These are small marks that are in powder form and can be seen around the area which is infested.
In case you see these signs or you know of termite attack in your neighbourhood, then it is better to call somebody for pest control and treebarktermiteandpestcontrol.com is the best for this. There are other termite and pest controllers also so you can make a choice accordingly.